1-minute keto muffins will stop the snack-time panic.
At only 2g net carbs, these QUICK keto muffins are the perfect versatile keto snack.
They are the ultimate lifesaver for a quick empty lunch box emergency too.
In this post, you’ll find 5 flavour variations (see below). Which one will be your favourite?
✔easy to make
✔Once they’re made, you can just grab them and go about your day
✔keto muffins almost without exception, they can be made ahead and frozen. I make big batches at a time and after I let them cool, I pop them in a ziplock bag. They can last months and are easily warmed in an oven or microwave.
✔Depending on your choice of flavors, muffins are family friendly and kid friendly
✔Infinitely customizable too. Low carb muffin batter is like a blank slate, begging you to add your favorite inclusions and flavors
✔ 1 eggs – medium
Eggs Are Nutrient Rich
Eggs Contain The Highest-Quality Protein
Eggs Improve Levels of “Good” Cholesterol
Eggs Are Filling And Help With Weight Management
✔ 2 tsp coconut flour
Rich in nutrients and beneficial fats
Keeps blood sugars stable
promote healthy digestion
improve heart health
help you lose weight
✔pinch baking powder
increasing the volume and lightening the texture of baked goods
It is used instead of yeast for end-products where fermentation flavors would be undesirable
✔ pinch salt
Hydration, blood pressure, and more
Skin health and inflammation
notes & tips
HOW TO SERVE KETO MUFFINS
1-minute keto muffins are my latest go-to recipe. They only require 4 ingredients and are ready in uh-um … 1 minute.
Not only that, but I have also been experimenting with them by adding other ingredients to make them sweet or savoury (see the 5 variations below).
They can replace bread, bagels, muffins and even cupcakes. The possibilities are almost endless.
I serve these low-carb muffins with soup, with bacon and eggs (say hello to your very own keto egg mcmuffin), or sweet as a quick dessert with whipped cream.
KETO MUFFIN OPTIONS
These are the variations we have dreamt up so far, simply add the following –
- sweet – 1 tsp sweetener
- nutty – 2 tsp nut butter and 1 tsp sweetener
- cinnamon – 1 tsp sweetener and 1 tsp cinnamon. When cooked, also add butter and sprinkle with sweetener and cinnamon
- cheesy – 2 tbsp grated/shredded cheese and 1 tsp chopped chives
- spinach and feta – 2 tbsp grated shredded cheese and some chopped cooked spinach leaves
- sloppy Joes with 1-minute muffin
Once the 1-minute keto muffins are cooked, you can eat them as they are or you can toast them. I gave my toaster away 3 years ago, so I lightly fry them in the frying pan when I am making a big breakfast.
But my favourite way is to eat them hot with lashings of butter, sweetener and cinnamon.
5 top tips:
- 1: Ensure you measure carefully. You wouldn’t believe how many readers have got the baking powder mixed up with the coconut flour
- 2: Mix thoroughly. You don’t want a clump of coconut flour or baking powder stuck in the corner of your microwaveable mug.
- 3: Allow the batter to thicken. Coconut flour has the most amazing ability to absorb and swell when liquid (the egg) is added. Not allowing it to thicken is when some readers have decided to microwave it for a longer period and end up with a dry overcooked muffin.
- 4: If all the tips above fail to create a regular bread batter for the keto muffin, add another tsp of coconut flour and mix again.
- 5: Flavour, flavour, flavour. Whether it is more spices and cheese for a savoury muffin or additional sweetener and cinnamon for a sweet muffin, always flavour to your personal taste. No one wants a dry tasteless muffin. There’s no fun in that.
1-Minute Keto Muffins
- 1 eggs – medium
- 2 tsp coconut flour or more depending on brand used
- pinch baking powder
- pinch salt
- Grease a ramekin dish (or very large coffee mug) with coconut oil or butter.
- Mix all the ingredients together with a fork to ensure it is lump free.
- Cook the 1-minute keto muffin in the microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds – 1 minute. Alternatively, they can be baked in an oven, at 200C/400F for 12 minutes.
- Cut in half and serve. (toasting or frying is optional)